The Art and Science of Building your Business Model
Sponsored by: Pillsbury Law
3/29/2017 • 6 - 8:30 PM
Instructor: Bill Reichert, Managing Director, Garage Technology Ventures, venture capital investor, serial entrepreneur, author, and creator of The Art of Startup Finance.
This workshop walks entrepreneurs through the nine elements of the business model, starting with the Value Proposition. Entrepreneurs will be asked to articulate their current hypotheses for each element, and then connect the elements in their “Business Model Formula,” the financial model that converts their words into economics.
During the workshop, participants will learn:
- The nine key elements of the Business Model Matrix
- The limitations of the "Business Model Canvas”
- Why most business models are doomed to failure
- How to test, iterate, and validate the business model elements
- How to convert the business model into a financial model
- Questions investors will ask about the business model
At the end of the workshop participants will have a practical and useful framework that will enable them to develop, test, and validate the business and financial model.
Doors Open: 5:30 PM
Program: 6:00-8:30 PM
Hors d’oeuvres and soft drinks included
VC Taskforce™ has built an organization that the venture community can give input and direction to and get immediate results that benefit both investors and their portfolio companies.
For additional information, please get in touch:
CEO, VC Taskforce